Water Quality Testing
Water quality testing
Water quality is a crucial aspect of maintaining a safe and healthy home environment. Whether you rely on well water or municipal water supply, it is essential to ensure that your water is free from contaminants and meets the highest standards of safety. At Nex Level Inspections, we offer professional water testing services in Calgary to help you assess the quality of your water and make informed decisions about its usage.
- Parameters Tested: Various parameters are evaluated during water quality testing. Some common ones include:
- Physical Parameters: Temperature, color, turbidity (cloudiness), odor, and taste.
- Chemical Parameters: pH, dissolved oxygen (DO), biochemical oxygen demand (BOD), chemical oxygen demand (COD), nutrients (nitrate, phosphate), heavy metals (lead, mercury), and various ions (chloride, sulfate).
- Biological Parameters: Presence of coliform bacteria, E. coli, and other indicators of microbial contamination.
- Sampling: Proper sample collection is crucial to obtaining accurate results. Samples can be taken from various sources, such as drinking water supplies, groundwater wells.
- Testing Methods: There are different testing methods for each parameter. Some tests can be conducted in the field using portable equipment, while others require laboratory analysis. Accredited laboratories often perform comprehensive water quality testing.
- Importance: Water quality testing is crucial for safeguarding public health by ensuring safe drinking water and recreational water activities. It also helps monitor and protect aquatic ecosystems, as pollution can harm aquatic life and biodiversity.